Sunday, March 20, 2011

Uninspired...


Oh, writer's block.

Usually I've got a million ideas to write about, but lately I'm just not feeling any of them or nothing is sparking my interest to even begin writing. Even my personal journal has been collecting dust. I've got nothing new to say except the usual boring nonsense my mind comes up with. I know I've been saying I'll write about more movies, but anytime I start, I end up erasing what I wrote because I hated it. I just feel very uninspired right now.

I need to start making time for creative things. I really need to draw, paint, work on calligraphy, ANYTHING to get the creative juices flowing. My creativity seems to have died lately. Exhaustion doesn't really help things either. Anytime I start losing my creativity means I'm losing my mind. Oh, wait...too late. That happened years ago.

A lot of people have been doing the 30 day blog challenge lately and while I avoided doing it, I think conforming is the only way I'm going to continue writing here for awhile until my creativity comes back. Perhaps it will help me think of other things to write about or post here.

As Tobias Funke said on Arrested Development, "Let the GREAT EXPERIMENT BEGIIIIIN!"

1 comment:

  1. Whenever I was faced with a need to break the block I would go adventuring for the perfect pen. So far my perfect pen is as such.

    The the general purpose pen start with a Pilot G2 with a fine 05 ball. Remove the hard rubber grip and discard. Find a Sanford Premier 207, the type with the awesome squishy cushion grip. Carefully remove the cushion grip and apply it to the Pilot G2. Comfortable ergonomics, long lasting quality ink with minimal smearing. Perfect for scribbling notes at speed.

    Now for more specialized writing. I like writing on the smooth cream colored paper of a small notebook. Moleskine is good, but I've had a few from the Paperblank Book company that are better. The Pilot G2 works ok, but the ink tends smear if ones not careful and the lines can over power the page. In this case I prefer a Sanford Signo RT Gel cartridge, 0.38 tip. Simply place the cartridge in a Premier 207 and use.

    So how does this help writers block? When I try a new pen combination I am forced to use it :)

    Also works for Math procrastination, but I would search for the perfect mechanical pencil and eraser.

    ReplyDelete