Sunday, March 13, 2011

Devastation in Japan


I wrote about Japan on my other blog. I'm going to copy and paste it here and add on:
-------
My heart goes out to the people of Japan who have had their world turn completely upside down due to the 8.9 earthquake and the subsequent tsunami. I woke up this morning and was almost late for school because I was glued to the TV. My heart was literally breaking seeing how much damage there is. Check out this article for some amazing, but heartbreaking photos: 


I'm glad there have been so many people who are reaching out to the Japanese people and I hope more people will be willing to give aid to the victims of this tragedy.

Let us do everything we can to reach out to Japan. Even if an ocean divides us geographically, we are still brothers and sisters by humanity. Let us donate what we can to let them know that we care.
----------
Today, I came across this video of the tsunami. It is very disturbing, but I think it is something people should see:
Friends, please keep following what is going on in Japan. I know there is a tendency to feel helpless when witnessing events such as these, but we can't become complacent and ignore their suffering. I ask that you do what you can to help, even if it's donating a few dollars. Any help is help.


Please spread the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment