Saturday, January 29, 2011

Protests


This is going to be quick because I don't have much time. I spent the entire day closely following the protests in Egypt and I think more people need to be aware of what is going on over in Egypt, Tunisia and Yemen and how the people are fighting against their governments for democracy. It's amazing, really. Not sure what the outcome will be and how many other Arab countries will follow in their footsteps, but this really is a huge event. I think people would be stupid to not at least pay attention because this is going to change many things in this world.

My Peace and Justice Studies class has been talking about the protests in Tunisia and Yemen and just the other day Egypt started protesting and we discussed how this might spread throughout the Middle East and what the possible outcomes will be. It's scary and exciting all at the same time. I can't wait to go to my class on Tuesday. We're going to have a lot to discuss.

In the mean time, pay attention, educate yourself, and spread the word.


No comments:

Post a Comment