Sunday, May 20, 2012

Consequence of Sound

Ever since I first heard Regina's voice on her song Fidelity, I fell in love with her music because it's quite quirky and fun. She reminds me of a much happier Fiona Apple, but equally talented and brilliant.

I had Consequence of Sound on my iPod, but I had never listened to it until my trip to Yellowstone. I had it on repeat for the entire trip. There is so much going on lyrically in this song, yet she somehow is able to pull all of it together.

One of my favorite lines from this song are "But what if one of these days your heart will stop ticking and they sorta just don't find you 'til your cubicle is reeking." Reminds me of my job and being stuck in a cubicle all damn day. It's soul crushing to say the least. Haha!

Another favorite is the whole last verse, especially "And we keep on paying those freaks on the TV who claim they will save us but want to enslave us and sweating like demons they scream through our speakers, but we leave the sound on cause silence is harder. And no one's the killer and no one's the martyr the world that has made us can no longer contain us and prophets are silent and rotting away..."

It's one of my favorite songs now and I can't listen to it without putting it on repeat for HOURS at a time.

2 comments:

  1. I love fiona apple.

    I saw Regina singing 'Laughing With' on Conan
    and it really moved me. Really like this song
    (hadn't heard it) I like how she mixes up her
    sound - not what I was expecting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh. Don't even get me started on how much I adore Fiona Apple. My family thinks she's a total freak and doesn't understand why I love her so much. Then again, they don't like half of the stuff I enjoy.

    Laughing With is a beautiful song. It was probably the second song of hers that I heard. I find her lyrics very interesting. I wasn't expecting her to play with sound so much and surprisingly I really enjoy it. I find her quirkiness charming while some are turned off by it. A few of my other favorite songs of hers are: Music Box, The Soup, and Chemo Limo. 2.99 Cent Blues is another great song. I really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete