Monday, May 23, 2011

My New Boyfriend...


This is my new boyfriend named George Glass.

Chances are very few of you will understand why I have chosen the name.

When I was little, my uncle gave me his old acoustic guitar he had when he was in the Navy which he named "Crazy George", so it makes sense to keep up with the whole George theme.

So, why "George Glass"?
It comes from the Brady Bunch. There's an episode where Jan is feeling overshadowed by Marcia so she makes up a fake boyfriend named George Glass and goes to great lengths to make everyone believe she has a boyfriend when she really doesn't. Here's a clip from the episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwmSuaK_j5I

I'm as single as one can get, so I figured to make light of my pathetic love life, I would name my camera George Glass and call it my boyfriend. :)

I've actually had my camera for awhile now and I'm in love with it. I use it everyday and I am so excited to take it with me to Yellowstone.

By the way, I leave in 16 days! I'm psyched! I spent the day planning the trip and going through all my clothes to figure out what I should pack since the weather is so unpredictable in June and you have to be ready for just about anything (blazing heat, hot, warm, cold, freezing, arctic winds, rain, snow, etc). Ah, the anticipation is killing me. I'm too excited to get out of here.

3 comments:

  1. http://www.facebook.com/georgeglasses#!/georgeglasses

    ReplyDelete
  2. JoJo - can't believe I don't know the name!!
    you had such faith that I would be one of the few
    that did know what it meant ... I'm such a failure!!
    - damn, I would have been so happy if I'd known ...
    love that it's called George, and like the crazy
    association(!!) ... George Glass the name is just
    perfect

    I'm sure the brady bunch was never shown here, happy days,
    laverne and shirley were - but I can't remember the brady
    bunch ... I liked the film re-make they did

    it looks a great camera and that photo is killer ...
    that would be my header in a heartbeart - looks so good
    I'm really looking forward to seeing the results from
    your trip!!
    - george

    I like that someone posted a link to the bands facebook
    page!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's alright Jo. I've got a wonderful yellow baby blanket as a girlfriend. We've been going strong for a good 22 years and there's many more to come. I even call her my girlfriend and sometimes talk to her. (I'm a little crazy)

    ReplyDelete