Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Indiana Jones & the Raiders of the Lost Ark

To be completely honest, I really should have started my movie blogs with this one. Raiders of the Lost Ark was my favorite movie when I was 3. It was the beginning of my massive crush on Harrison Ford and it also inspired my family to nickname me "Indy" just like the title character. I watched it every day and it gave me nightmares every night. My parents were sick of me having nightmares about the ending so they decided to hide the video from me so I would stop being scared. 

Ha ha! Joke's on them. No matter where my family members hid the VHS each day, I always found it. I would find it after 5 minutes of looking. I found it once in the spice cabinet. I found it hidden behind the books on the top bookshelf. I found it hidden in the vent. I found it hidden in my dad's drawer. You couldn't hide anything from me when I was little. I naturally knew where to look. I would practically climb everything, even the walls just to find it. When I found the movie, I would pop it in and watch it. Then if anyone was walking by, I'd turn it off until they went away and kept watching. For awhile, my family wouldn't know until I finished the movie and I was scared out of my mind. The conversations usually went like this:

Family member: "Jojo, why do you look so scared?"
Me: *trembling* "Uhh... I don't know what you're talking about."
Family member: "Did you watch Indiana Jones again?"
Me: "Pssh... no."
Family member: *skeptical* "Are you sure?"
Me: "I didn't watch it, okay?"  
Family member: "Okay, but why do you look so scared?"
Me: "I'm not."
Family member: "You watched it, didn't you?"
Me: *sigh* "Yeah. I did."
Family member: "JOH-ANNA! HOW MANY TIMES HAVE WE TOLD YOU TO STOP WATCHING INDIANA JONES WHEN IT SCARES YOU?"
Me: "But I like it!"

There's a part in the movie when the girl says "Oh. My. God." I was in the car once with my mom and my brother going to the store. I remember telling my mom "Hey, I learned a new line from Indiana Jones." My mom was like "Great, let's hear it." So I said "Oh my God!" She slammed on the breaks. My brother was dying laughing and she whipped around and said "Don't you ever say that again, do you hear me? That is BAD!" I laughed and said "But I don't understand why." She glared at me and said "It is considered breaking a commandment and God doesn't like when people use his name in vain! Don't ever do that again!" I don't think I've ever seen my mom so angry in my life. It was pretty funny.

I don't think I have watched Raiders of the Lost Ark in years and years so I honestly don't remember much about it except the beginning when the girl in his Archeology class wrote "Love You" on her eye lids and she closes her eyes so he'll read them. It always made me laugh.

I also remember that it scared the hell out of me when they open the ark. Yeah, the melting nazis part really scared the shit out of me, but I freaking LOVED the movie and Harrison Ford was very easy on the eyes. Mmm... Harrison Ford.


No comments:

Post a Comment