Sunday, July 8, 2012

Every single night's a fight with my brain...



I cannot think of another song that can describe my mind better than this one - the constant struggle between who you really are vs who you want to be, insomnia, the desire for more when there is seemingly very little hope, combatting what I call the "constant shit storm in my brain" (aka anxiety and depression), etc. Amazing song.

I haven't been able to listen to Fiona's most recent album all the way through because I've had some songs on repeat for days. I used to claim her second album, When the Pawn..., as the one album that resonated with me the most. I think this album may quickly take it's spot though. It's really good. I relate a little too much with it lyrically.

Oh, Fiona. You've stolen my heart with your music once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment